Thursday, August 28, 2008

I blinked and summer was over...

Just as the Olympics came to an end on Sunday night, so did my summer of fun. Gone were the mornings snuggling with Avery as she laughed and sucked on the bed sheets. No more passing the time feeding Avery and watching Cold Case re-runs I had DVR'd the previous night. Days which had been spent giggling and playing with my precious little baby were being replaced by the monotonous drone of keyboard clicks and the shrill ringing of the telephone. Yes, I warily reported back to work on Monday morning. The only perk was that now I was up, dressed and out of the house prior to 1 pm, and was able to return to my morning Starbucks coffee addiction. I have to admit, the anticipation of returning to work was worse than actually being back in the office. But as I watched the closing ceremony and the Olympic torch being extinguished, I couldn't help but feel a wave of sadness...Sadness for the end of the Olympics and an even deeper sadness at the thought of leaving my baby girl.

No comments: