Friday, August 29, 2008

Does my daughter really sound like a cat?

This morning while I was getting ready for work and Avery slept , I heard the creepy meows of a cat either getting ready to fight or getting ready to mate. You know the sound...Its unmistakable. Well, apparently not to my husband. All of a sudden, he sits up in bed and the following dialogue transpires:

Dan: Is she cooing or crying? (He is still figuring out the difference between happy jibber and fussy squeals made by his daughter)

Me: Are you serious?

Dan: Silence...His mullet hair freakishly fluffy from sleep

Me: That's a cat meowing outside

Dan: Oh...It sounded like Avery

Seriously? Our daughter sounds like a creepy cat??? And I'm leaving her alone with him for a full 24 hrs this weekend? What was I thinking!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least he heard her! There's been times I've been up and down all night with one kid or the other crying or sick and in the morning Damonn thinks he remembers hearing them wake up one time. . . .