Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sleeping Through the Night


Last night was the first night Avery slept straight through the night. I got a whopping 7 hours of sleep!! I awoke at 0530 to realize I had been sound asleep since 1030 p.m. Of course, I immediately thought something was wrong and went to check on my sleeping beauty. She was still in dreamland, but was soon awakened by my hovering. I later learned that Avery wasn't the only one sleeping soundly all night. It seems my poor husband had been trying to hang our new dining room light after I had gone to bed and had encountered a bit of trouble holding it up. Apparently, he had yelled for me several times to come help him, but his cries went ignored. His theory is that Avery didn't really sleep through the night, but had yelled for me and I slept right through her cries too! All kidding aside, it was a great feeling to actually get a full nights sleep. She has already outgrew her newborn p.j.'s and has moved up to the 3 month old size. I can't believe she is getting so big. Her 8 week checkup is just around the corner. People say they grow up too fast, and I'm sadly realizing that is so true.

2 comments:

JJL said...

She is adorable! Really. I'm not just saying that. And don't ya just love 8 weeks?

The Dacy Family said...

What a cutie!