Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day


This Mother's Day was bittersweet for our family. It was extra special to me as I was now not only participating as my mother's daughter, but as a mother myself. I felt a surge of happiness as I looked at my daughter and thought of all the Mother's Days that we will spend together over the years. The day was also marked with sadness, as it is the first Mother's Day without Dan's mom, Mary. I get tears in my eyes again as I read the words Dan wrote on my Mother's Day card..."It's a big day...a day I didn't know if I would ever be involved in first hand. But you did it, you brought us Avery which is the beginning of our family. The world and life is funny. I've lost a mom, but gained a mommy this year. Thank you for already being the type of mommy that my mom would have been proud of." Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's out there.

2 comments:

JJL said...

Now I've got tears too! Not only at his words but that he's a guy that could actually come up with such endearing prose. He's a keeper!

Happy First Mother's Day!

The Dacy Family said...

You made me cry too!